2008R2 SSRS "Subreport could not be shown"

I got this error working on a report with subreport.  At first I couldn't tell that anything is wrong with the subreport, which ran fine by itself.

Turns out that the subreport pointer was changed, then the RDL did not switch out the references properly.  So right-click on solution file and select "Clean".

Then when I run preview again, I got a more detailed message.

Now this is an error I can fix.

When I tried to reproduce the error so that I can document in this post, I found that the Error List tab show this all along, but it shows up as warning.  According to the documentation, that's how it's supposed to work.

 

Print | posted on Monday, October 7, 2013 2:38 PM

Feedback

# re: 2008R2 SSRS "Subreport could not be shown"

Left by Ben at 5/23/2014 5:38 PM
Gravatar Thanks! I was looking for the cause of the error for a while and couldn't find out why. Google searches pointed me to several "solutions" which none worked. I finally came across your post and it did the trick.

# re: 2008R2 SSRS "Subreport could not be shown"

Left by Martha Esteban at 6/19/2015 3:19 PM
Gravatar Hi,

Thanks a lot, finally i found the solution.

Thanks, thanks.

Your comment:





 

Copyright © Kevin Shyr

Design by Bartosz Brzezinski

Design by Phil Haack Based On A Design By Bartosz Brzezinski