Geeks With Blogs
Srijith Sarman Time,space and living
Continues from last post!!

So when I tried to hit the webservice, the 403 error is gone. But now a new error in the classic .net yellow screen.

Could not find a base address that matches scheme https for the endpoint with binding BasicHttpBinding

Well, this is obviously due to the binding configuration.  Let me open my config file again.
Here it is, the first culprit.

<serviceBehaviors>
          <behavior>
            <!-- To avoid disclosing metadata information, set the value below to false and remove the metadata endpoint above before deployment -->
            <serviceMetadata httpsGetEnabled="true"/>

I changed it to httpGetEnabled. No! the same error!
Infact, the error if due to httpsGetEnabled would as below.


"The HttpsGetEnabled property of ServiceMetadataBehavior is set to true and the HttpsGetUrl property is a relative address, but there is no https base address.  Either supply an https base address or set HttpsGetUrl to an absolute address. "

The next area is the binding configuration.

Here it is,

    <basicHttpBinding>
            <binding name="BasicHttpBindingConfig" closeTimeout="00:10:00"
            openTimeout="00:10:00" receiveTimeout="01:00:00" sendTimeout="00:10:00"
            maxBufferPoolSize="2147483647" maxReceivedMessageSize="2147483647">
            <readerQuotas maxDepth="64" maxStringContentLength="2147483647"
                maxArrayLength="2147483647" maxBytesPerRead="2147483647" maxNameTableCharCount="16384" />
            <security mode="Transport">
                <!--<transport clientCredentialType="None" />-->
            </security>
            </binding>
        </basicHttpBinding>
        <wsHttpBinding>
            <binding name="WSHttpBindingConfig" closeTimeout="00:10:00" openTimeout="00:10:00" receiveTimeout="01:00:00" sendTimeout="00:10:00" maxBufferPoolSize="2147483647" maxReceivedMessageSize="2147483647">
                <readerQuotas maxDepth="64" maxStringContentLength="2147483647" maxArrayLength="2147483647" maxBytesPerRead="4096" maxNameTableCharCount="16384" />
                <reliableSession inactivityTimeout="01:00:00" />
                <security mode="Transport">
                    <!--<transport clientCredentialType="None"  />-->
                </security>
            </binding>
        </wsHttpBinding>
        </bindings>


Change the security mode to None, then it's all right!


Posted on Sunday, May 20, 2012 3:05 PM | Back to top


Comments on this post: Could not find a base address that matches scheme https for the endpoint with binding

No comments posted yet.
Your comment:
 (will show your gravatar)


Copyright © Srijith Sarman | Powered by: GeeksWithBlogs.net